Water Quality Criteria
• Route all water discharge to a treatment facility or leech/septic field.
• Have a backflow prevention device installed and operable on the potable water supply.
• The car wash must meet all local effluent criteria.
Water Conservation Criteria
• For conveyorized or in-bay/roll-over washes, use an average of no more than 40 gallons (151.5 liters) of potable/fresh water per car.
• Use spray nozzles with maximum water efficiency and inspect the nozzles annually.
• Keep water-saving devices at original or improved specifications.
• Re-use spot-free reverse osmosis concentrate ("reject") in the wash process (if such a system is installed).
Each participating car wash must annually reaffirm that it is meeting the above criteria, including inspection by a licensed plumber or distributor member. For more information: http://carwash.org/watersavers/about
Additional GREEN initiatives:
• LED Upgrade: Autawash has just begun a project to replace most lighting with new efficient LED bulbs. This project has been completed at our Riverboat location.
• Most lighting (LED and traditional) is operated by timers to provide adequate and safe lighting to our properties when needed.
• We are Certified by the cities of Aurora and Denver as “Water Conservation Partners”.
• Energy saving motor controls are used.
• Car Wash soaps and chemicals are formulated to be environmentally safe.
• Sand, mud and oils are collected and recycled properly.